Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hoops and Circles



Been busy this week - made more than a couple hoops  and jump rings.  Why do hoop earrings look good on everyone?  One of the standards, I guess.  The never-ending circle -  of course I made several way too gigantic - but I think they remind me of summer so I'm going to wear a pair all week!

I've also been sawing circles from sterling, texturizing and concaving them, and putting them in liver of sulpher to oxidize the insides.  I've then polished the back and edges and hung a little pearl in the center.  I like the way they turned out - and think I'll send them to my niece.

2 comments:

  1. It must have been hoop week! I made my first ones, and I know a few more that did, too!
    I love the concave silver with the pearl. I used to hand cut all of my circles, then I finally got a disc cutter. It's so much better now! :)
    I love your rings, too! Especially the copper insert one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am picking this up very, very late - but thanks for your reply! Yep, a disc cutter would be the thing to have if doing more than a handful!

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-8284394-1